Our Environmental Initiatives and Commitments
Pellicano Hotels Group is committed to reducing its impact on the local environment, while promoting responsible practices in the region. Wherever possible, the hotels will take steps to reduce energy consumption and emissions generated, responsibly manage water use, and continuously work to minimise waste production to protect the surrounding areas of natural beauty.
Pellicano Hotels has partnered with biodiversity conservation NGO Marevivo, to support the protection and conservation of the local coastline. As well as participating in beach cleans, Pellicano Hotels has adopted three beaches, which will be protected and preserved by appointed employees at each hotel.
Reducing plastic waste
In our efforts to reduce single-use plastic waste across our hotels, we have:
- Provided Pellicano branded reusable water bottles to all staff to discourage the use of single-use plastic water bottles. These will also be available for guests to purchase at our boutique and on ISSIMO.
- Installed water dispensers throughout the hotels, where water bottles can be refilled.
- Removed all plastic straws across the Group, and now offer only paper straws.
- Introduced hand sanitiser dispensers in order to reduce the number of bottled hand sanitisers, while prioritising the health and safety of our guests.
Saving energy and emissions
As part of the Group’s efforts to reduce our climate impact, we have:
- Introduced electric cars and bike rental for our guests.
- Installed electric car charging stations at Hotel Il Pellicano and Mezzatorre Hotel & Thermal Spa in order to encourage smarter mobility.
- Fitted LED lighting throughout Hotel Il Pellicano to increase energy efficiency.
- Switched to 100% energy from renewable sources though the purchasing of guarantees of origin across our hotels and offices.
- Implemented a digital Towel & Linen Change procedure during check-in, by which guests are offered the option to choose how often they would like their towels and linen changed throughout their stay. Opting for less frequent towel and linen changes, such as every other day rather than daily, reduces water and energy use.
Low flow taps and water systems are being installed across the common areas of our Il Pellicano and Mezzatore Hotels to help conserve this precious resource.
A Meat Free Monday
Our chefs have designed an exciting new vegetarian menu to be served as part of our No Meat Monday initiative, which reduces the carbon impact associated with meat products, as well as taking steps to protect animal welfare.
Home grown vegetables
Guests at La Posta Vecchia can enjoy dishes prepared using delicious vegetables home grown in our own kitchen garden.